Core Curriculum Standards-Based Study Guide
Introduction to the Study Guide
This audio recording is provided to help you use the Study Guide with your students. Please listen before downloading the Study Guide.
Full Study Guide
For those who wish to have the content in one document, please use the link below to download the full Study Guide.
Study Guide Downloadable in Chapters
For those who wish the convenience of working with sections at a time, the Study Guide is available for download in the chapter groupings shown below. Please use the link to download the chapters that you desire.
- Table of Contents
- About this Literature Guide and a Word About Lexile Measure
- Core Standard: Expository Writing–Author Biography
- Critical Thinking: Introduction
- Introduction: Comprehension Check
- Introduction: Vocabulary
- The Proa: A Carolinian Voyaging Canoe—Vocabulary
- Core Standard: Understanding Genre—Historical Fiction
- Chapter Quizzes and Tests